Sunday, April 28, 2013

The one about approval.

 It seems as though the approval of other equivalent and persistently pessimistic humans puts our very morality at stake.
 If we were made to seek approval from others, we would die in spiral of unfathomable promises and decimated hopes. Like a cup of over-steeped tea, the bitterness could not be overshadowed by the honey of approval. Individuals who are, by all appearances, oblivious to the disappointment of the people around them put off a reckless air that they uphold with an outwardly invincible finesse. You know the type of people I've just described. They hold their heads proudly come hell or high water, and discipline, even of the most stringent sort, causes no apparent irreparable damage to them.

 I am never absolute on the best handling procedure for this type. I tend to ignore them until they drag my miffed expression into their tomfoolery. Now, these people, typically though not always male, vary in age. I'm reading the Harry Potter books to my younger brothers, and these young delinquents tend to blurt out spoilers such as "Snape's the half blood prince" and "Dumbledore dies" at no gain to themselves. Troublemakers like these who have only watched the movie and proceed to soil the experience for my brother make me twitch with indignation.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I got to see you yesterday! I wish we could have gotten more time to talk. Not sure if you're talking about me or someone else but if it is me then I'm sorry I came across that way, I didn't do it intentionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to see you also! No, this isn't even about a real person. I'm writing some stories for fun, I should say - some very DRAMATIC stories, and this is something that I conjured.

      It was lovely revisiting church and being warmly received! I was happy to see everyone again.

      I've been looking at your blog, btw, it's absolutely fabulous. :) I'd love to catch up some time. You can always call me if you feel like talking ;)

      Delete
  2. Ok, I didn't think it was but I wanted to make sure just in case. Thanks, did you look at the second page? It may be something you'd enjoy.....?

    ReplyDelete