Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fell in Love


Taxi.

So, Taxi's this horse. I don't think just anyone could fall in love with her. She's got such a sweet soul, but you have to see it through the effects her past owners had on her, severe abuse and (possibly) starvation ruined her; or so her previous owners thought. We know her current owner (Kory) saw that these terrifying memories of an old life could be worked through. It only took one girl, who turned out to be a bright, shining beacon in this horse's life. In truth, Taxi needed someone she could trust. Some steady assurance to cling to. Unfortunately, this girl couldn't be tied down to one horse because of her expertise being needed elsewhere.


I rode Taxi one time and fell madly in love with her (but there was one thing. I didn't think I'd learn to show with her).
Then one day!
It was one of those days declining from summer, into the blunt, cold chill of fall. I rode her out of sheer desperation, all the usual schooling horses were out in the ring for lessons. Taxi being the last horse left, I disparagingly walked her out of her stall. This whole time hearing from the other girls that she was a "hell horse".
E looked me dead square in the eye,
E: "W-E-S-T-E-R-N."
Me:  O_o ahem... alright then.
   E: "Nuno. Like she hasn't been worked in forever, so be on your toes, and go western, at least then you have a handlebar to keep you in the saddle."
Me: *thinks* uhuh... she thinks I'm going to ride this thing?


                  Side note:
Jewels: an unpredictable RTW I rode for a few months, loved her, but she had to move to a differant farm in September. Still haven't found her.


 She spooked on me twice, but it seemed  familiar,                                                                                    Probably because of the months I spent with Jewels. So I fell in love with her, and she was offered to me... hmm... still gotta talk that one over with mom :P Dad was chill with it though.

Eqqus amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment