Saturday, September 8, 2012

Clouds, Cornfields and Letters

 Our hotel is right next to a huge cornfield. It adds a sort of humbling mood to the grand, modern hotel. I'm in my room with a laptop, and I'm so content being able to look out at the clouds and cornfields.

I've changed the sort of music I listen to. Last year was primarily rock (and of course, that has it's place in the gym), but since we've been homeless (teehee) I've shifted for "coca-cola" music. That's more relaxed, "nice" music, but still bubbly. Not flutes that put you to sleep, but a bit uppity while not obnoxious. Since I've switched purposfully the type of music I'm listening to, it's actually had an effect on my mood. #truestory.
You're probably wondering why I have this picture of a guy posted to the left. His name is Joshua Radin, his music is acoustic and lovely. Look him up.

 It's so great to have time to be quiet. I've learned how emotionally healing it can be to have time when I can be fully consumed with God. My little leather bible has been such an wonderful tool.
"There was, a long long time ago, a God who's voice the prophets heard. He is the God that we should know, he speaks from his inspired word." ~Our God, He is Alive (hymn)

Now, on the topic, I'll mention how grateful I am for the encouraging letters I've received from a certain three people (you know who you are), who write bible verses on their letters. It keeps me in my bible, studying meanings and applying meaning to my life. <3 Y'all are awesome.

"Breathing the sweet ocean air makes a shy boy aware that he could be free." ~ Owl City

No comments:

Post a Comment