Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cows.

 I love America. Today I thank God for raw milk, and the freedom (in PA, at least) to buy it. Processed milk is nasty. I don't trust the chemists who mess with the whole milk God gave us. I also find it ironic that I have to *defend* my views on raw milk, even from people whom I shouldn't have to! Class mates, friends, piers. They all have been exposed to the government's mutated version of what "milk" is. They think I'm the freak for drinking it the way people have been drinking it for thousands of years!

 I'll also proceed to vent that these kids who get a bad taste in their mouth just thinking about raw milk will be useless if they ever care to harbor a career in the Special Ops. A certain kind of Special Ops training is called "Farm Staking". No, not farmsteading, farm staking. In this select form of training, a person learns how to steal milk and other nutrients from a farm/barn scenario. Guess what. If you want to stay alive, you drink the freaking raw milk. You *can't* process it.

This is the "Processed Cat" experiment:
 Some experimental cats were fed a diet of two thirds cooked meat, one third raw milk and the cod liver oil supplement. Some cats were fed a diet of two thirds cooked milk (pasteurized, sweetened condensed or evaporated), one third raw meet and the cod liver oil supplement. Control cats were kept on similar diets with both the two thirds and one third portions being raw. While the results are too long to be documented here, they demonstrated that whichever diet the raw food cats were on, they remained healthy generation after generation. The cats on the either diet containing  the two thirds cooked portion, however, suffered a variety of different conditions which could best be described as paralleling the diseases of civilization.  Generation after generation, the cats on the raw food diets showed no evidence of allergies. The cats given cooked meat or milk, however, developed all kinds of allergies. Quoting from the book, “They sneeze, wheeze and scratch. They are irritable, nervous and do not purr.” The incidence of allergies increased with each generation and by the third generation the incidence was almost 100%. One kitten developed asthma.

 One of the arguments from my classmates was "Processed milk" (well, he just called it "clean" milk) "has been tested by time, by generations. If there was a problem with it, we should have seen it by now." This seriously made me laugh out loud. I said "..... are you kidding?" he said he wasn't. I closed my eyes, prepared to weep for the future. (Just kidding, I wasn't about to cry) I opened them slowly and looked at the susceptible guy in front of me. "Tested by 'time' and 'generations'" I repeated his words to him and continued "People have been drinking milk for thousands of years, about 8,000, depending on how you believe. Milk wasn't processed until the 1890's. That's 120 years for processed milk vs. 8,000 years for raw milk. Now, processed milk didn't reach the general population until 1920... that's only 90 years. Then there's the cat experiment. The generations of cats that have mental deficiencies that keep them from functioning didn't occur until the 6th generation. Let's say each of your ancestors drank processed milk, starting with the first one which would have been around 1900 (generously), and each of them birthed the next generation around the age of 25. 25 x 4 = 100 years. 4 generations. 4 down, 2 to go. That means your grandchildren, assuming they drink processed milk, have a soaring chance of being mentally retarded." 
The teacher called for order, and the class was silent. I had delivered my argument well, and I still wait for his response.

Now, my point wasn't to break him down. I was straightforward in my facts. My point was that there were no problems with the cats who drank raw milk. They were healthy and strong, and with no mental conditions. I don't know about you, but that's honestly enough to make me drink raw milk...... besides the fact that it tastes better. 





3 comments:

  1. What study are you quoting? You may want to insert a little bibliography at the end or at least state your source in the post somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were there any cows injured in the writing of this article???

    jk
    ;)

    ReplyDelete