Thursday, November 24, 2011

Jedi Force, it's like God?

 Is the jedi force anything similar to God? Personal opinion? Nope. It's nothing alike. Perhaps only in that anyone could access it if they do enough soul-searching. But God is much more than what we see in Star Wars, for a few key reasons.

1) We were created in his likeness (Genesis 1:26-28)
2) There's only one mediator between God and man, that is Jesus Christ (1st Timothy 2:5)
3) When Paul is giving charges to Timothy in 2nd Timothy 3:10-17, he says we have scripture because it's from God. Therefore, God is an immortal being. Something that actually exists. The jedi force is "everything"? That seems like a very naturalistic.
4) What happens when I die? You dissolve into the force, and become a small part of everything. Until you come back to guide your apprentice. Uhuh. *gazes skeptically.*

Now, I'm a Star Wars fan! I enjoy it. It makes me grit my teeth when people compare it to God though.

Another cool starwars fact: Yoda's sentence structure is Latin. What I've learned in CC the past year is this:

If you said in Latin "I'm in love with the girl and I enjoy spending time with her"
You'd word it this way: "With the girl I am in love, and with the girl I spend time and enjoy."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment