Thursday, June 14, 2012

Far Above Rubies


 "A wife of noble character, who can find? Her value is far above rubies."

 The woman described in Proverbs 31 has held my attention this week. I've been facing thoughts pertaining to who I should be, who I want to be, who I am and who I think I am. This woman in Proverbs, was described by King Lemuel. She was the ideal, Godly wife of any time BC. I find that I can still apply those thoughts to modern day, just with a bit of thought.

"Now the defense is going to try to tell you....."


  • The world will say that a 'real' woman has perfect hair, fashionable clothing, a "sweet disposition", and a lovely body. Oh, did I mention the hot boyfriend on her arm? 
  • They'll try to tell you that there's nothing wrong with letting your thoughts about guys roam free.
I don't wear that cute sundress you saw in Maurice's. I don't smell like shampoo. I make awful mistakes that still make me stand in awe of God's mercy.  I love comfortable hoodies, and jeans, and sneakers. I make stupid jokes. 

That's the real me. Supposedly, a person is only really themselves in a comfortable environment e.g. their own home, out with best friends, around siblings, sleepovers with close friends, people they can trust. 

Thinking back, I have only worn jeans and tee shirts around folks that I trusted not to judge me. That is, within the last year, when I started caring. I will not state my opinion about caring at this time. 

"No further musings, your honor."



No comments:

Post a Comment